The IA-400D is a signal conditioner for iWorx-brand transducers that provides four channels of excitation power, gain, and noise filtration. It exhibits low system noise and offset, making it suitable for use with high resolution data acquisition systems.
Each channel of the IA-400D has a switch to allow selection of either a 40 Hz or 10 kHz low pass filter. This makes the IA-400D an ideal solution for conditioning signals from low-bandwidth transducers such as those used to measure blood pressure or force as well as those applications requiring wider bandwidth.
When used with the C-ISO-256 , the IA-400D can be used to measure Biopotentials such as ECG, EMG etc. from humans.
Gain control on the IA-400D is very straightforward. A programming resistor in the DIN-8 connector is used to set the gain. iWorx transducers set the IA-400D gain to the optimal value for a given measurement. However, this does not limit the IA-400D to use with iWorx transducers. Many non-iWorx transducers, can be modified to work with the IA-400D.
The IA-400D is an inherently low offset device. This, together with the low offsets characteristic of bridge-style transducers and the high resolution of the iWorx data acquisition systems dramatically minimizes the need for offset control. The IA-400D user experience is simplified as a result.
The IA-400D is packaged in a low profile enclosure that provides both durability and noise immunity. The device has a small foot print measuring just 6.2 in. x 5.3 in. x 2.3 in. (17.5 cm x 13.5 cm x 6cm)and multiple units are easily stacked to save bench space.
- Number of channels: Four (DIN8 connectors)
- Operational Modes: Bridge
- Low-pass Filter: Switchable 40 Hz and 10K Hz (± 10%) 8 pole Bessel filter
- Input Impedance: 10 gigOhm
- Transducer Excitation Voltage: ± 5 VDC
- Gain: 110K (set by transducer)
- Gain = 1 > 80 dB (Minimum) / >92 dB (Typical)
- Gain = 10 > 95 dB (Minimum) / >110 dB (Typical)
- Gain = 100 > 110 dB (Minimum) / >120 dB (Typical)
- Gain = 1000 > 112 dB (Minimum) / >135 dB (Typical)
- System Noise <10 µV (RTI) / < 2 µV (RTO)
- Number of Outputs: 4 single-ended BNC connectors
- Output Impedance (Maximum) <10 Ohm (Maximum) / <1 Ohm (Typical)
- Current: 100mA / channel
- Power: 12 VDC, 1.5 A
- Enclosure: Plastic
- Dimensions: 17.5 cm W, 13.5 cm D, and 6 cm H
- Diong, Joanna, et al. “Small amounts of involuntary muscle activity reduce passive joint range of motion.” Journal of Applied Physiology 127.1 (2019): 229-234.
- Rotenberg, Menahem Y., et al. “Living myofibroblast–silicon composites for probing electrical coupling in cardiac systems.” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 116.45 (2019): 22531-22539.
- Parameswaran, Ramya, et al. “Optical stimulation of cardiac cells with a polymer-supported silicon nanowire matrix.” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 116.2 (2019): 413-421.